- Public Transport Strategy
- Contract Procurement
Reaseheath College were looking to procure 24 home to college coach routes for up to 5 years starting from the 2018/19 academic year. SCP were brought in by the College as specialist advisors to support them through the specification and procurement process to ensure a best value contract was achieved.
SCP produced a strategy for procurement, all tender documentation aligning the specification with the College’s values, appetite for risk and wider aims in mind, this included all technical and commercial questionnaires, contract documentation and full specification. SCP then led the procurement process for the College in line with European Union procurement rules.
SCP managed the contract procurement process from start to finish, this included:
• Contacting potential suppliers to ensure the tender process was as competitive as possible;
• Publishing a Prior Information Notice in the Official Journal of the European Union;
• Launching the Invitation To Tender through the College’s In-tend portal system;
• Answering Supplier clarifications through the portal;
• Managing a fair evaluation process;
• Awarding the Contract to the most economically advantageous bidder; and
• Providing a detailed handover document to the College.
The process was completed within a short timescale and objectives were achieved ahead of schedule. The procurement process ensured that the College have achieved a Contract for the best value possible with a Supplier who demonstrated they can achieve the desired quality and who has the financial stability to provide a long term Supplier relationship with the College.
“Many thanks to the team at SCP, their help in tendering and ensuring we achieving a high quality coach network for the college has been clear, measured and professional throughout and has certainly taught us a lot about the tendering process whilst ensuring we arrive at a positive outcome for the College and our students.” Matthew Gower, Assistant Principal, Reaseheath College