Our London Office is pleased to have started working with Kier and SB Civils providing a range of services to support the delivery of new student accommodation. The site in Colchester, Essex provides new 8-storey accommodation with 230 student rooms for Essex University as their campus expands.
The new appointment strengthens and broadens the London offices client base and follows the successful completion of a variety of projects across Essex and the East of England during 2018.
SCP have been appointed to design footway, cycleway works and a new access works within the public highway for the new development. The work includes the design of Public Rights of Way facilities alongside the River Colne and will provide an improved link for public using the popular Wivenhoe Trail.
SCP are providing the following technical support services;
- Utility enquiries, planning and value engineering of required diversions
- Management of diversionary works process to Clients programme
- Site investigation specification and planning
- Preparation of s278 design drawings and specification
- Technical agreement of all design with Essex County Council
The development will be complete by summer 2019 in time for the start of academic year.
For further information on our services get in touch or call 0161 832 440 or request a quote here.